Monday, April 2, 2012

Baby Day Out

No, there isn't a typo in the title.

The lone bright spark in my daily routine these days is the sight of baby Jaishna, whose lucky aunt I happen to be. As soon as I step into her house, the scent of baby emanating from its walls, its floors, its every inch, surround me with a welcoming hug.

And then I enter her shrine, where she lies swathed in her pinks and greens, kicking and flailing her arms as she awaits her next supplicant. She has tiny eyes which fixate upon me as she babbles and fully convinces you of her intentions to convey a message of the utmost importance. As her sparkling eyes fill my vision and her gurgling laughter my ears, I get sucked into her world, leaving the depressing world of adults behind. My only job is to wipe spittle off her chin and the only path to happiness is the sight of her smile.

For this escape, and for the sheer joy of having my finger clutched by a cherubic angel, thank you, my darling Jaishna.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing just how much joy a baby's smile can bring?

    I Hope you soon find some more bright sparks and paths to happiness in addition to baby Jaishna.

    atozchallenge #1127

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the read, Kristin! Right now, baby J is good enough for me :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I'd say this baby is very lucky to have you in her life.

    Nice to meet you, and welcome to the Challenge!

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete