Sunday, April 8, 2012

Goodness

Babies have it. Some people retain it so you can see it shining through their personalities. It's not just limited to people. That serenity that hits you when you enter a temple or church, isn't that goodness itself (oh come on, you atheist, I'm talking to you too)? I don't know how you define it,
how you get it, how you lose it, whether you lose it, if our goodness, as I suspect is just inside all of us lurking inside the layers of shit life has thrown at us. Maybe that’s what self-awareness is- knowledge that you’re Good. Maybe that’s why it’s so hard to find.

Forgive me if this post is a ramble, I’m NOT feeling very self-aware right now.

2 comments:

  1. I feel as if I become welled up with goodness by the simple act of looking at my newborn niece. It is crazy to love something so small so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe it is when the Holy Spirit starts moving in our lives--or we become aware of Him--good question

    ReplyDelete