Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cities

After 22 years of having moved across different cities in India and Singapore, I know I like big cities. I currently live in one which is amongst the biggest of them all. I can lose myself in Bombay when I want. I like knowing that I'm in a place that matters to this world, that I can find pretty much anything I look for in some cranny of the vastness I inhabit. I like knowing that I can shrug off the anonymity I love and connect with the city's human side at my disposal. The diversity, the uniqueness underlying this very diversity, the hustle, the self-importance and the lack of it, drive me on.

I'm moving to a little dot on the map of the world called Ann Arbor this fall. It's a town masquerading as a city and the thought scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment